Please modify the filters.
Saint-Nazaire Offshore Wind Project
Enbridge and its partner EDF Renouvelables are developing the Saint-Nazaire Offshore Wind Project in the Loire-Atlantique region in coastal France.
The 480-megawatt (MW) wind farm will feature 80 GE Haliade 160-6MW turbines to be manufactured in France. According to GE, each Haliade turbine powers 5,000 homes; the project is expected to generate the equivalent of 20% of the Loire-Atlantique’s electricity consumption.
Turbines will be located between 12 and 20 kilometres off the Loire-Atlantique coast, at depths ranging from 12 to 25 metres, and deployed an area of about 78 square km.
Enbridge has a 25.5% ownership stake in the Saint-Nazaire Offshore Wind Project, which is expected to enter service in 2022.
- Type: Wind energy project
- Status: Under construction
- Location: Bay of Biscay, about 12 to 20 km off France’s Loire-Atlantique coast
- Expected in-service date: 2022
- Expected capacity: 480 MW
- Expected number of turbines: 80
- Expected equivalent homes served: 400,000